Sometimes at the end of a bad day, I can hardly wait to hit my yoga mat to indulge in a few stretches to relieve stress that I've found to work well for me over the years.
As soon as my legs hit the mat, I know I'm minutes away from being anxiety-free.
Stretching is an often overlooked luxury we all have at our disposal.
We tend to carry stress in our muscles and our lymph systems aren't able to move fluid thoroughly when this happens.
When our lymph systems are clogged, and muscles become stiff, we need to get things flowing again.
Try these 7 stretches to relieve stress, which will efficiently work-out your muscles to help move lymph along through your body for less pain and anxiety.
Breathing is one of the best ways to lower your stress levels too, so incorporate slow breaths while practicing these.
1. Child's Pose
This is one of my all-time favorite stretches to relieve stress.
Stress can mean a lot of different things for each of us.
For me, it means carrying tightness in my hips and hamstrings.
Anytime I'm stressed out, lying on the floor in this manner really helps my hips open up and hamstrings release.
This always brings pleasure by relieving that muscle-stiff tension that comes along with high levels of anxiety.
Child's pose is also excellent for calming down the breath.
- 7 Natural Ways to Relieve Your Headache and Become Pain-free ...
- 7 Great Yoga Poses to Relieve Menstrual Cramps ...
- 17 Best Infographics to Help You Reduce Your Stress Levels ...
- 7 Yoga Poses That Are Great for Digestion ...
- 7 Relaxing Scents Sure to Relieve Your Stress ...
- Do These Things 👇🏼 Every Morning ☀️ for a Natural Detox 🌱 ...