There are a plethora of self help books out there; pick an issue and you’ll find a book claiming how to help you solve it. However, once in a while you come across a book that shakes you to the core, sees you glued to its pages and actually makes a difference to your life. The 7 books that follow are my pick of self-help books that actually help - their pages well worn and #words etched in my mind - I hope they have the same effect on you…
1. The Power of Now
The Power of Now is the literary version of Marmite. You either love it or you don’t, you either get it or you won’t. The author, Eckhart Tolle, is a spiritual teacher who shares with you how to dissolve past hurts and overcome anxieties about the future by living in the present moment. Tolle's work is so transformational that he did a 10 series special on the Oprah Show, explaining each chapter and how to apply the teachings to your life. The Power of Now filters effortlessly into every aspect of your life, one of the best self help books I have ever read and will continue to #read over and over again.
- The Busy Girl's Guide to Starting Yoga ... 2303
- 8 Myths about Psychology and Psychiatry That Everybody Buys into ... 1436
- 7 Tips on How to Avoid Digital Eye Strain ... 1251
- 7 Advantages of Cutting out Alcohol for a Month ... 963
- 7 Ingredients in Supplements That Are There to Cut Corners and Act as Fillers ... 792