At some point in our lives, we will almost certainly have to work out how to cope with elderly parents. Watching our parents #grow old can be difficult to deal with emotionally, as well as demanding in a practical sense. Unfortunately it’s inevitable, unless you are unlucky enough to lose them when they are young. Here are some tips on how to cope with elderly parents.
1. Don’t Feel Obliged
When learning how to cope with elderly parents, it’s very important that you don’t feel obliged to do anything. Perhaps you don’t have a close #relationship with them, live too far away to be of practical use, or have other commitments. If you are close, then of course you will be concerned about their welfare. But doing something out of a sense of obligation will simply foster a feeling of resentment, which is no good for you or your parents.
- The Busy Girl's Guide to Starting Yoga ... 2453
- 9 Things to Avoid Doing when You're Super Stressed ... 2259
- 7 Ways You're Sabotaging Your Immune System ... 1711
- 9 Ways to Ease Constipation and Feel Yourself Again ... 1132
- 7 Ingredients in Supplements That Are There to Cut Corners and Act as Fillers ... 882