Before you splurge on colored contact lenses, you should know that they are medical devices that need to be approved by the government’s authority before they can be sold and used.
Colored contact lenses may be worn for cosmetic reasons - for example, you might want to try a different eye color. They can also be used for corrective purposes - for example, if you suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness.
If you want to buy the best-colored contact lenses for yourself or for a loved one, here are 5 of the most essential aspects that you should consider. These helpful tips will help you to pick a good pair.
1. They Take Some Time Getting Used to Them
Right out of the gate, you should know that colored contact lenses take some time getting used to because they are far thicker than conventional contact lenses. As a result of this, you might end up thinking that they are uncomfortable. You should remember that these lenses will become comfortable once you get used to them. They’re very easy to apply/remove.
2. You Will Need a Doctor’s Prescription
Even if your vision is completely alright and you don’t need to wear glasses or regular contacts to see, you will require a doctor’s prescription if you want to buy colored contacts. It’s highly important to remember that all contact lenses are medical devices and they can only be purchased if prescribed by a doctor. You shouldn’t get contacts from any sketchy store.
3. Never Share with Friends
Like regular contact lenses, colored lenses should also never be shared between friends, family, etc. to prevent the chance of infection. Even though it might seem like a colored contact lens is simply a cosmetic item, swapping contact lenses can result in a nasty eye infection. In the worst case, you or your friend’s vision might be permanently affected. You should never share contact lenses.
4. Contacts Are Available for Everyone
Contact lenses can be engineered for all kinds of eye shapes and types. If you can wear contact lenses usually, then you will also be able to wear colored and cosmetic contact lenses. There are contact lenses that are especially intended for individuals with astigmatism, which is a condition with an imperfect ocular curvature.
5. Types of Coloured Contact Lens Types
Before you go ahead and make a purchase, you should also know some more about the different types of colored contact lenses available:
● Visibility Tint: A visibility tint is a very faint shade that results in a very small change in eye color.
● Enhancement Tint: The enhancement tint is a type of lens that is perfect for individuals who have naturally light-colored eyes.
● Opaque Tint: The opaque tint is actually intended for individuals who want to change the color of their eyes completely.
● Customized Tint: If you are looking for something unique and separate, you can go ahead and make your own tints.
This is all the information you need to know before you buy colored contact lenses.