An itch in your most intimate area is generally quite uncommon and when it happens you can just pop to the rest room to adjust your underwear or have a little scratch.
When however, that urge to scratch is prolonged and there is persistent itchiness, it is a cause for concern.
I’m going to share some of the most common causes of vaginal itchiness, but even if the symptoms match yours, it is important to get a medical diagnosis asap.
1. Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis, or B.V., is one of the leading causes of vaginal itchiness.
is caused by an imbalance in the pH level of your vagina.
An imbalance means that there are more unhealthy bacteria present than healthy bacteria, and this can lead to discomfort and itchiness.
The main signs of B.V.
are itchiness and a watery discharge that will have an odor.
In terms of treatment, B.V.
can be cleared up with over the counter creams but more serious cases can be eased with a prescription.
- Beneficial 👍🏼 Reasons Why You Should Laugh 😂 More in Life 🌎 ...
- What is the Color of Your Vaginal Discharge Telling You?
- 9 Common Health Problems Caused by a Systemic Yeast Infection ...
- This is Why You Might Be Having Lady Garden Itch 🌳 ...
- 7 Common Causes of Vaginal Dryness🌵🤔 for Girls Having Issues down under 🙈 ⏬ ...
- Twist into These Yoga Poses to Relieve Period Pain ...