If you buy a lot of fresh food, you may wonder how to keep food fresh longer. While it is always a good idea to load up on fresh #fruits and veggies at the grocery store to keep on hand at home, many times that food spoils before you can eat it. Luckily I have 9 tips to share with you on how to keep foods fresh longer.
Asparagus is one of my family's favorite vegetables. Even my daughter loves it. Up until I learned this tip on how to keep food fresh longer, I always bought my asparagus the day I planned to cook it. With a busy schedule, that is not always so convenient. To keep asparagus fresh, cut off the bottom edge of the stems and bundle them all together. Place the fresh cut edges into a container of water, a mason jar would work perfectly, and cover the tops with a plastic #bag. They should keep for a week or longer.
- 9 Things You Should Know about Colds and Flu ... 1455
- 8 Myths about Psychology and Psychiatry That Everybody Buys into ... 1396
- 7 Tips on How to Avoid Digital Eye Strain ... 1241
- 7 Advantages of Cutting out Alcohol for a Month ... 923
- 7 Ingredients in Supplements That Are There to Cut Corners and Act as Fillers ... 782